Boot Camp FAQs
2020 Recorded Version of the Live Stream Boot Camp Agenda and Learning Objectives
February 6, 2020 AM: Ethics, Legalities and Compliance
Open Payments Act
Food and Drug Administration guidance on hearing aids
OTC proposed regulations
Documentation and report writing
February 6, 2020 PM: Fundamentals of Coding
Evaluation and management coding for audiologists
Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
February 7, 2020 AM: Managed Care
Managed care terms
Coverage and reimbursement tips
Billing hearing aids to third-parties
Notifications and waivers
CMS 1500 form requirements
Medicare physician order requirements
Place of service
Medicare Part C
February 7, 2020 PM: Pricing, Delivery and Differentiation
Disruptions and differentiation
Implementation of OTC
Pricing strategies for diagnostics and treatment, including hearing aids
Bundled and unbundled pricing models
Implementation of unbundled pricing
Implementation of over the counter options
Participants will be able to:
- List the 18 pieces of protected health information.
- Describe how the anti-kickback statute applies to audiology.
- List the eight warning signs of ear disease.
- List the place of service codes most commonly used by audiologists.
- Describe how to code different types of hearing loss.
- Define numerous managed care terms.
- List the Medicare coverage requirements.
- Describe the different Medicare enrollment options.
- Describe how to evaluate a managed care agreement.
- Describe the differences between bundled and unbundled pricing.
- Describe how to calculate their own breakeven amount.
- List various basic health screenings.
What are the ways I can access Audiology Resources Boot Camp information?
Boot Camp Information can be accessed via live stream, face to face and recorded means. Also, about 50-60% of the material, depeneding on the topic. is available via Audiology Online.
Audiology Online acess is no charge unless you plan to pursue continuing education credit. Go to www.audiologyonline.com and search Cavitt to access the educational options available. These modules were recorded in 2017 and 2018.
The live stream boot camp is conducted each February. This allows you to view the boot camp from the comfort of your home or office. No travel is required! This offers up to 16 hours of continuing education.
The live stream boot camp is recorded each year and available for separate purchase. This option allows you to view the boot camp at your pace over six months. It too offers up to 16 hours of continuing education.
Finally, we host face to face training events each year. These are one and two day events.
What types of continuing education credits are offered?
In 2020, we are offering audiology continuing education courses approved by the the American Academy of Audiology, including Tier 1 and ethics credits (if registered for the ethics, legal, and compliance section). These hours are applicable to most state licensure requirements.